Ace your FAA written test, save money during flight training, and become a better pilot with Sporty’s 2022 Learn to Fly Course. Over 15 hours of HD video and animations explain everything you need to know to earn your Private Pilot certificate and feel confident in the left seat. Combine that with powerful test prep tools, a comprehensive document library, and convenient app options, and you have aviation’s most complete training course.
1. Five formats, one price We know you’re busy, so our course is available almost anywhere. Use our online learning platform for complete access to videos and quizzes anywhere you have an internet connection. There’s no software to install – just log in and start learning. Or use our dedicated mobile apps for iPad, iPhone, Android, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV, which allow you to download videos for offline viewing. Progress automatically syncs between all formats so you can start a study session on your phone and finish on your laptop without missing a beat.
2. Get your written test endorsement When you complete the course, we’ll give you the flight instructor endorsement to take the written test—instantly! You can take this endorsement to the FAA testing center, and log it in your ForeFlight logbook. It’s complete preparation for the FAA Knowledge Test.
3. Pass all your tests—guaranteed! Our course is so complete we guarantee you’ll pass all three tests: the written, oral and flight. Our video segments make complicated subjects like aerodynamics and weather easy to understand, so you’ll impress the examiner. Plus, our Airman Certification Standards Study Guide cross-references every required task to the videos, making it easy to review for the checkride.
4. Dynamic in-flight video Sporty’s courses are famous for their HD video and 3D animations. Not a boring ground school, we put you in the cockpit for a real world look at what flying is all about. You’ll see the flight maneuvers from the left seat, and you’ll hear actual communications with air traffic control. Plus, each video segment includes helpful review notes for efficient studying, and many also have review quizzes to reinforce key concepts.
5. 32 fully-narrated HD maneuvers In addition to the comprehensive video segments, Sporty’s Learn to Fly course also includes a detailed maneuvers guide. All 32 maneuvers you might be tested on are included, with a 3D animation of the maneuver, narrated procedures, common errors, and completion standards. It’s a great way to review for the checkride.
6. Powerful test prep tools You’ll ace the written test with our interactive tools. Create customized study sessions from our proprietary database of over 1,000 FAA test questions and see the right and wrong answers, plus plain English explanations written by our team of CFIs. Detailed analytics show you which areas need the most help, and allow you to study only the questions you’ve missed. Then, take a practice test that simulates the real knowledge exam you’ll have to pass.
7. Flight Instructor tracking We make it easy for your instructor to follow your progress through the course, so you always stay in sync with your in-person lessons. Invite a CFI to see your practice test scores and review your video progress.
8. Ask a CFI If you’re stumped by a difficult subject, talk to the experienced flight instructors at Sporty’s. We have a team of over 25 CFIs on staff at our flight school, training students every day just like you, so they can offer quick, helpful answers. Just click the Ask a CFI button to send a message.
9. Complete training syllabus Research shows that pilots learn better when they use a high quality syllabus. We include a complete Training Course Outline as part of our course – the same one we use in our flight school. It includes detailed outlines for both ground and flight lessons. Think of it as a bridge between your at-home study and flight training.
10. Free lifetime updates When you buy a Sporty’s course, you’re gaining access to a training platform that’s always up to date and always improving. We are continually adding new video segments to reflect new regulations and technology. We also refresh our FAA test question database regularly, so you don’t study outdated topics. There’s no additional fee or subscription to receive these updates – just log in and learn!
“The course videos are professional, well-organized, and come with a highly useful search function.”
“It’s nearly impossible to find fault with this course.”
“It puts worthy focus on aeronautical decision-making and real-world flying scenarios.”
“Our top pick… Its content is engaging, intuitive, highly portable, and provides the greatest number of study options for all aspects of initial training.”
AVAILABLE ON ALL YOUR DEVICES, TRY FOR FREE:
Online Course using a web browser – Login here
iPhone/iPad in Sporty’s Pilot Training app – Apple App Store
AppleTV app – 4th Generation AppleTV or newer
Android in Sporty’s Pilot Training app – Google Play Store
RokuTV App – search for the Sporty’s Pilot Training Channel on your Roku device