New content, flexible app options, and smart study tools all combine to offer an unmatched training experience in Sporty’s 2019 Instrument Rating Course. The powerful test prep tools mean you’ll be prepared to ace the written test, but that’s just the beginning. In depth video segments focus on real world flying, detailed lesson plans help organize your training, and Sporty’s flight instructors are always available to help.
- New Android app: watch video on your tablet or phone, plus take interactive FAA tests
- Powerful test prep analytics: detailed progress tracking by category and smart study sessions help you drill efficiently
- Comprehensive video search: quickly search every word of the video segments, ideal for checkride review
- Enhanced flight instructor tracking: CFIs can track specific video segments and test prep session scores
- Interactive answer references: every quiz question includes links for further study
- Updated video segments: ADS-B technology, glass cockpits, iPad tips, instrument flying, and more
- FAA handbooks: comprehensive library of online books for in-depth study
2020 EDITION NOW AVAILABLE
Ace your FAA written test, save money during flight training, and become a better pilot with Sporty’s 2020 Instrument Rating Course. Over 12 hours of HD video and animations explain everything you need to know to earn your Instrument Rating and feel confident in the clouds. Combine that with powerful test prep tools, a comprehensive document library, and convenient app options, and you have aviation’s most complete training course.
- Expanded video segments cover important topics like ILS approaches, holding patterns, in-flight weather resources, flying with electronic flight bags, and more.
- New test prep tools in Sporty’s Pilot Training app for iOS and Android allow you to focus on your weakest areas by tracking progress in dozens of subject areas, then creating smart study sessions.
- Chromecast integration and a RokuTV channel (in addition to our existing Apple TV app) mean you can watch Sporty’s videos anywhere – even your smart TV. And your progress always stays in sync.
- An FAA library offers access to 25 popular resources, from the Airplane Flying Handbook to important Advisory Circulars – over $300 in books for free. The Pilot Training app includes powerful PDF tools like bookmarks and search.
- Video review notes make it easy to review the key points from every video segment. Included free with the course, it’s easy to read as you watch each segment, or print out the entire document for use as a refresher.
- A redesigned online training portal is simpler, faster, and mobile-friendly. It’s easy to use on all your devices, and there’s no software to download. Perfect for on-the-go studying.
- Free lifetime updates mean you’ll always have access to the latest information and study tools. This includes all platforms, from your phone to your TV. There are no subscriptions and no upgrade fees.
10 REASONS PILOTS PREFER SPORTY’S COURSES:
1. FIVE FORMATS, ONE PRICE
We know you’re busy, so our course is available almost anywhere. Use our online learning platform for complete access to videos and quizzes anywhere you have an internet connection. There’s no software to install – just log in and start learning. Or use our dedicated mobile apps for iPad, iPhone, Android, Roku, and Apple TV, which allow you to download videos for offline viewing. Progress automatically syncs between all formats so you can start a study session on your phone and finish on your laptop without missing a beat.
2. GET YOUR WRITTEN TEST ENDORSEMENT
When you complete the course, we’ll give you the flight instructor endorsement to take the written test—instantly! You can take this endorsement to the FAA testing center, and log it in your ForeFlight logbook. It’s complete preparation for the FAA Knowledge Test.
3. PASS ALL YOUR TESTS—GUARANTEED!
Our course is so complete we guarantee you’ll pass all three tests: the written, oral and flight. Our video segments make complicated subjects like aerodynamics and weather easy to understand, so you’ll impress the examiner. Plus, our Airman Certification Standards Study Guide cross-references every required task to the videos, making it easy to review for the checkride.
4. DYNAMIC IN-FLIGHT VIDEO
Sporty’s courses are famous for their HD video and 3D animations. Not a boring ground school, we put you in the cockpit for a real world look at what flying is all about. You’ll see low instrument approaches from the left seat, and you’ll hear real world communications with air traffic control. Plus, each video segment includes helpful review notes for efficient studying, and many also have review quizzes to reinforce key concepts.
5. 27 FULLY-NARRATED HD MANEUVERS
In addition to the comprehensive video segments, Sporty’s Instrument Rating course also includes a detailed maneuvers guide. All 27 maneuvers you might be tested on are included, with a 3D animation of the maneuver, narrated procedures, common errors, and completion standards. It’s a great way to review for the checkride.
6. POWERFUL TEST PREP TOOLS
You’ll ace the written test with our interactive tools. Create customized study sessions from the actual FAA test questions and see the right and wrong answers, plus plain English explanations written by our team of CFIs. Detailed analytics show you which areas need the most help, and allow you to study only the questions you’ve missed. Then, take a practice test that simulates the real knowledge exam you’ll have to pass.
7. FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR TRACKING
We make it easy for your instructor to follow your progress through the course, so you always stay in sync with your in-person lessons. Invite a CFI to see your practice test scores and review your video progress.
8. ASK A CFI
If you’re stumped by a difficult subject, talk to the experienced flight instructors at Sporty’s. We have a team of over 25 CFIs on staff at our flight school, training students every day just like you, so they can offer quick, helpful answers. Just click the Ask a CFI button to send a message.
9. COMPLETE TRAINING SYLLABUS
Research shows that pilots learn better when they use a high quality syllabus. We include a complete Training Course Outline as part of our course – the same one we use in our flight school. It includes detailed outlines for both ground and flight lessons. Think of it as a bridge between your at-home study and flight training.
10. AIRMAN CERTIFICATION STANDARDS
Our Learn to Fly Course includes the full text of the FAA’s Airman Certification Standards (ACS) – your guide to the checkride – and cross-references each task to the video segments. Our course also emphasizes deep understanding instead of just memorizing questions, something the FAA now discourages.
MORE POWERFUL FEATURES:
- Download videos for offline viewing in the app or stream them with an internet connection.
- Automatic progress sync between all formats.
- Air Facts segments go beyond the textbook to make you a proficient pilot.
- Review notes and quick quizzes after most videos help you review your progress.
- Closed captioned videos help students whose first language is not English.
- Connect to your ForeFlight logbook to log your written test endorsement.
- Earn FAA WINGS credit and save on your insurance.
- Automatic updates mean you learn the latest information.