Bozeman Mountain Flying & Ski Experience
This course is designed to be an opportunity for Inflight customers to put a pilot’s license to maximum use and gain exposure to new experiences! Small airplanes are incredibly versatile. This course is designed to showcase the abilities of a small airplane to safely cover a large portion of the country, deliver an individual to a destination, and return, all within a week. This trip is an exclusive flight training experience! Aircraft rental, instructor time, lodging, car rental, hangar fees, and lift tickets with equipment rental for world class skiing are all included in the price.
Food and drink is not included in the purchase price.
Big Sky Resort, a destination ski resort in the mountains south of Bozeman, is an expansive resort offering world class skiing and snowboarding. A day at Big Sky offers incredible skiing not found in Minnesota!
The course is designed to be completed as a 5-day trip. Day 1 will consist of the cross country flight to KBZN. An early departure is recommended. Days 2-4 are used for skiing and a mountain flying and scenic flight training experience over Yellowstone National Park. 2 days are allocated for skiing and one day for the mountain training flight. Day 5 is the return cross country to KFCM.
This course will allow a pilot to gain exposure to areas of aviation that are not as easily trainable in Minnesota. Areas of operation that will be covered during this course are:
- High Density Altitude
- Aircraft Performance – Takeoff Distances, Rate of Climb, Landing Distances
- Aircraft Weight & Fuel Loads
- Mixture Control – High Altitude Engine Start & Leaning for Taxi, Takeoff, and Cruise
- Route Planning – Terrain & Altitude
- Airport Planning
- Flying over National Parks – Yellowstone
- Flight Over Noise Sensitive Areas
- And more!
The course is designed to be completed as a 5-day trip. Day 1 will consist of the cross country flight to KBZN. An early departure is recommended. If flying the Cessna 172, it is likely that 2 fuel stops will be needed, so good pre-flight planning is essential. Days 2-4 are used for skiing and a mountain flying and scenic flight training experience over Yellowstone National Park. 2 days are allocated for skiing and one day for the mountain training flight. Day 5 is the return cross country to KFCM.
- Big Sky Resort
- Bozeman Yellowstone Int’l Airport
- Jet Aviation – KBZN FBO
- Advisory Circular 91-36D: VFR Flight Near Noise Sensitive Areas
- Mountain Flying Basics – MzeroA
- Mountain Weather
- Mountain Ridges & Passes – video
- Hypoxia Awareness – video
- High Density Altitude Takeoff – video
- High Density Altitude Landing – video
- Pulse Oximeters (provided by Inflight Pilot Training)
- Mountain Survival Kit (provided by Inflight Pilot Training)
- Skiing Apparel
Pricing for the course varies depending on the aircraft flown.
Inflight requires at least 4 weeks of lead time to prepare the necessary travel arrangements.
C172 – $9200
Arrow IV – $9500
SR20 – $10,000
SR22 – $13,200
SR22T – $13,600