Get away from the hustle and bustle of the Twin Cities and enjoy everything Victoria, MN has to offer. From its many natural recreation areas to excellent dining, entertainment and shopping opportunities, this quaint suburb has something for everyone. Whether you live in Victoria or are just visiting, here are some of the top things you can do throughout the town – keep reading to find out more!
Before the Victoria area was settled, Native American tribes are assumed to have lived on or around the land, due to a number of artifacts found around Steiger Lake and Lake Auburn. The first European settlers to come to the area were the Diethelm family in 1851, setting up shelter not far from the current-day site of St. Victoria Church. After just a few years, the Treaty of Mendota took effect allowing more and more settlers to move in. Soon enough, a shipping port and railroad were implemented, and the town of Victoria started to take form. Although the town became a popular place to both live and visit, it remained true to its form throughout most of the 20th century, developing slowly but surely alongside many other Twin Cities’ suburbs like Shakopee, Waconia and Minnetonka. With a great mix of urban and suburban amenities, the town’s population has grown today to include 10,000 residents — and thanks to its great natural setting against the backdrop of Carver Park Reserve and Lake Minnewashta, it’s gorgeous to boot.
Things to Do in Victoria
With a wide range of recreational areas, from lakes to parks and golf courses, to a number of dining, shopping and entertainment options, there is no shortage of things to do in Victoria, MN – take a look some of the following recommendations:
Recreational Areas in Victoria
- Deer Run Golf Club: Locally run golf course that has a wide mix of medium to challenging holes and well-maintained greens.
- Carver Park Reserve: Expansive natural reserve that features a large forested area as well as several small, explorable bodies of water. Plus, enjoy overnight stays at the on-site campground.
- Minnesota Landscape Arboretum: Explore almost 1,200 acres of scenic gardens, trees, trails and artistic sculptures at this exceptional nature center.
Bars & Eateries in Victoria
- Enki Brewing & Eatery: Grab a beer at this lakeside taproom serving up a variety of custom craft beers.
- The Noble Lion: A popular local eatery that creates from-scratch dishes and offers up drinks via a full bar, plus happy hours and an outdoor patio.
- Floyd’s Bar: Take a step back in time at this lively dive bar offering plenty of brews, cocktails, casual grub and live music.
- Victoria House: This unfussy restaurant offers a simple American menu featuring classic steak, seafood and pasta.
- Ruby’s Roost Bakery & Coffee: Fantastic local café, offering up home brews as well as baked goods and gifts.
- The Social Ice Cream Parlor: After a day on Steiger Lake, walk to this local creamery and choose from a wide selection of sugary treats with hefty helpings.
Shopping & Entertainment Venues in Victoria
- Cabin Fever Sporting Goods: Popular local store for all your hunting, fishing, camping and other outdoor needs.
- Victoria Burrow: Try your hand(s) at axe-throwing, as well as mini-golf, food and drinks at this warehouse filled with fun.
- Blue Ox Log Rolling: This group offers log rolling classes and events all throughout the Midwest – try your hand at a fun, physically demanding activity.
- Discovery Flight: Team with the best flight instructors in Victoria, Inflight Pilot Training, and fly an airplane under direction of a professional. See what it’s like to live life as a pilot, while taking-in the view of the world from thousands of feet above.
Get in touch with Inflight Pilot Training to find out more. Our team of certified flight instructors can put you on the correct path toward obtaining a pilot license. Whether you’re interested in a Discovery Flight or are ready to sign up for training, we’re here to help. Gain the chance to take flight and experience the lifestyle of a pilot — all it takes is a quick call or note to our team to get started. For additional information on Inflight training programs, contact us today or call (952) 698-3000.