Eden Prairie is home to sprawling recreational areas, a variety of entertainment and dining options, and remarkable neighborhoods, making it one of the most stunning suburbs west of Minneapolis. If you live in the area or are just visiting, here are a number of ways you can have fun in Eden Prairie — let’s take a look.
About Eden Prairie
For most of the 19th and 20th centuries, Eden Prairie was a little-known town on the fringes of the larger Twin Cities. That all changed in 1960 when businesses started buying up affordable rural property in the area. Soon, the town transformed into a thriving local suburb, and by the year 2000, the population steadily rose by almost 3,000 percent.
Today, the town consistently ranks as one of the best places to live in Minnesota by a number of sources, like Money Magazine, thanks to its great mix of suburban charm and big city amenities. Eden Prairie citizens enjoy great schools, low crime, high-value real estate and other suburban benefits, all within a semi-urban setting.
Things to Do in Eden Prairie
With lots of unique local restaurants, shopping centers, outdoor areas and more, there are things to do all over Eden Prairie. Take a look at some of the highlights of this fantastic town below:
Restaurants in Eden Prairie
- Tavern 4&5: This local tavern serves up pub food cooked by rotisserie and wood-fired ovens, as well as local craft beers and libations within a casual setting.
- Lotus Leaf: Laid-back Thai restaurant that offers a locally sourced, contemporary menu.
- India Palace: A variety of Indian dishes, many meatless, an extensive lunch buffet, plus beer and wine.
- Campiello: An upscale Italian bistro known for its homemade red sauce, handmade pasta, imported wines and a classy dining patio.
- Wildfire: Located within Flying Cloud Airport, Wildfire is known for its swanky atmosphere, delicious steaks, seafood, burgers and cocktails.
Recreation in Eden Prairie
- Eden Prairie Outdoor Center: Great for both biking and hiking, this expansive recreation area is great for a visit any time of year. Plus, they offer educational classes and animal shows for children.
- Starling Lake Park: This lake-side park is known for its full disc golf course, as well as tennis, basketball and volleyball courts, and playground.
- Anderson Lakes Park Reserve: Lush parkland offering wildlife & forested walking & biking tails around a secluded lake.
Shopping in Eden Prairie
- Eden Prairie Center: Almost everything you need under one roof, this shopping center has dozens of chain retailers, boutiques, restaurants and a movie theater.
- Turnstyle Consignment Store: This fashionable, high-end consignment shop sells pre-owned brand-name designer fashions for everyone, as well as furniture, home goods and art.
- Prairie Village Mall: With several stores, coffee shops, restaurants and more, this retail area is a great place to pick up some groceries, or spend several hours bumming around.
Entertainment in Eden Prairie
- Ride the Coasters at Valleyfair: This 125-acre theme park is one of the greater Twin Cities top attractions for thrill seekers. With plenty of roller coasters, as well as smaller rides for the little ones, and a special Halloween-themed event known as ValleyScare, the park has something for everyone.
- Take a Discovery Flight at Flying Cloud Airport: This one-hour introductory course offered by Inflight Pilot Training lets you see what it’s like to be a pilot. We take you on a ride in one of our planes, letting you take the controls yourself. This is a great way to find out whether or not flying is something you want to pursue in the future. If not, you’re sure to have an unforgettable experience flying at high altitude
Get in touch with Inflight Pilot Training to find out more. Our team of certified flight instructors can put you on the correct path toward obtaining a pilot license. Gain the power to take flight and travel how you wish — all it takes is a quick call or note to our team to get started. For additional information on Inflight training programs, contact us today or call (952) 698-3000.