Situated on the shores of vast Lake Minnetonka, Shorewood is home to beautiful neighborhoods, waterside dining, fantastic recreational opportunities and plenty of other fun things to do. Let’s take the best ways to keep yourself or your family entertained while living or visiting Shorewood, MN.
The upper-class suburb of Shorewood is known for its high quality of living, high median income among residents and uniquely rural feel. Located on the south side of Lake Minnetonka, the area provides the perfect retreat from the big city hustle found eastward toward the Twin Cities. Its 7,500+ citizens enjoy fantastic public school options due to living between Wayzata and Minnetonka, two of the highest-rated school districts in Minnesota, as well as expansive public recreation areas, and a surprisingly active nightlife. And, these things also make Shorewood a worthwhile place to visit for non-residents.
Things to Do in Shorewood
With a ton of unique local restaurants, boutique shopping, recreational areas and beyond, there’s fun around every corner in Shorewood. Here are some things you can do:
Dining and Drinking in Shorewood
- Hazellewood Grill and Tap Room: Serving up breakfast, weekend brunch and American grill fare in comfy neighborhood digs, plus daily happy hours.
- The Narrows Saloon: Neighborhood watering hole providing eclectic bar bites, craft beer as well as live local music.
- The Caribbean Restaurant: Those that don’t want to get off the water will love this spot offering dockside dining — but don’t forget to make a reservation first.
- Joey Nova’s: A celebrated pizza joint that serves over-the-counter slices in true New York City fashion.
- North Coop Restaurant & Bar: Pick something fantastic off a wide-ranging Southern-style menu (we recommend the chicken and waffles) in a laid-back, modern atmosphere.
- Happy Garden II: This restaurant is well-known for its classic, homemade Chinese food, and extensive lunch buffet. Orders are available for dine-in or carry out.
Recreational Areas in Shorewood
- Lake Minnetonka: Shorewood is a lake-lovers dream destination thanks to its location on the shores of Minnetonka. From boating to watersports to fishing to beach-side relaxation, there’s never a shortage of things to do on this 14,000-acre body of water. Shorewood locals tend to flock to Crescent Beach, where there’s a well-maintained area for swimming and lounging. And the fun lasts year round. Enjoy winter activities like ice skating, cross country skiing, and snowshoeing on and along the lake.
- Gideon Glen Park: Located in central Shorewood, there’s a large amount of sprawling lawn to lay out on here, as well as a long walking trail in a natural setting.
- Lake Minnewashta: For a more relaxed atmosphere, away from all the hustle and bustle of Minnetonka, Minnewashta is a fantastic alternative. Even though it’s much smaller,the lake is more private, surrounded by nature rather than mansions. The larger park that it’s a part of contains extensive trail systems and an off-leash dog area, among other amenities.
Shopping in Shorewood
- Shorewood Yacht Club: Boaters and lovers of everything lake related should make a stop at this marina where you’ll find boat supplies and a fantastic clubhouse.
- Shorewood Village: Grab your groceries, a coffee, a hammer and a variety of other items at this shopping complex, anchored by Cub Foods, Caribou Coffee and True Value Hardware.
- Truffle Hills Chocolates: This boutique truffle shop specializes in all types of handmade, small-batch chocolate. Stop by and satisfy your sweet tooth, or order a basket to take home with you — you won’t be disappointed!
- Gathered Goods Company: Small, charming boutique store selling unique local items, from stylish women’s clothing to home decor to furniture and more.
Searching for Other Great Things to do in Shorewood?
Take a look at some of the services provided by Inflight Pilot Training. For example, our Discovery Flight offering is a one-hour introductory course giving you the opportunity to understand what it’s like to be a pilot. We take you on a ride in one of our planes, letting you man the control wheel yourself and experience flight first-hand. This is a great way to find out whether or not flying is something you want to pursue long term. If not, you’ll have a memory to cherish forever.
Our team of certified flight instructors can put you on the correct path toward obtaining a pilot license. Gain the power to take flight and never feel restricted again — all it takes is a quick call or note to our team to get started. For additional information on Inflight training programs, contact us today or call (952) 698-3000.
See other things to do in our Minnesota cities: